4/10/2008

Taking a Big Step Back!

She'll be leaving in mid-August, off to start her own life as a college freshman.
She might be 1000 miles away.

A few months ago, I had this horrid feeling inside, knowing that she'd be leaving. I kept wondering, "Who'll keep the conversation lively at dinner? How can I face not seeing her each day?"

Well, let's just say that biology is kicking in, just like it did about 1 month before she was born. I remember I had these overwhelming urges to clean house, sew, and bake casseroles to store in the freezer. I couldn't figure it out...that is, until I heard about the "nesting instinct."

Today, it's sort of the opposite. I'm cleaning out the nest. It's time for her to go. She's "difficult" and I do and say everything wrong.

I'll will miss her so much and have a very strange feeling about the fact that 18 years flew by so quickly. But, I'll look forward to "peace" and "calm" in our home. It's time for her to go.



No comments: