9/20/2008

Jet-Powered Bicycle!

Today, Hubby and I decided to bike into town to hit the Farmer's Market and run some errands. One of those errands involved dropping our big gas-powered leaf blower off at a local repair shop. Hubby strapped it onto the back of his bike, using Bungee cords, and off we went. When we arrived at the Market, we kept getting funny looks from some folks as we strolled about, looking at goods and visiting with friends. One man approached us and asked my husband how he uses the "jet pack" on the back of his bike! OMG! People were actually thinking it was a REAL jet pack! One guy asked what kind of mileage he gets. Another asked if he only uses it for going uphill!!!! I blurted out the truth to one man, who then decided to play a joke on his visiting brother. He brought him over and told him all about the engine on Hubby's bike. I said, "Yeah, and it's made in Poland!" I hope you get it. He didn't and kept on asking questions!


On another note, I was finally able to use GSAK today to upload 200 caches onto my Magellan with one-click! I'm such a dummy! I'd been manually entering information for 3 years! Now, I have all of the caches within many, many miles of my home, loaded and ready for seeking!

3 comments:

Vita said...

You are such a techie. Really. I'm impressed. I don't even know what you're talking about.

Vita said...

More house and cooking photos, please.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I would have totally played along with that joke. "Yes, I invented it myself. I barely have to pedal anymore!"

And though I don't use GSAK for all its features, it really is a great tool for geocaching!