3/21/2007

Arrgghhhh! Teenagers!

I had absolutely no idea, back in the early 90's, when I decided to have a kid, that this kid could make things so...messed up! I mean, heck, remember back in the good ol'days when you could wake up at 6 a.m., have 2 strong cups of coffee while reading the paper, go for a walk, watch a little TV, dink around for the entire day, and go to bed at night with no weird issues looming in your head?
OK...that never ever really happened in my life, either, but, well, if I wanted to, I could do that, if it weren't for the fact that I have a teenaged daughter!
I know that her frontal lobe isn't fully developed.
I know that she is amazing, beautiful, and well-liked by everyeone 100% of the time.
I know that, as she claims, I am the ONLY person she has conflict with in her entire life.
I know that, someday, she'll be out on her own, earning tons of money, travling the universe.
But, today...she just plain ol' pisses me off!

I worked in my classroom yesterday from 7:15 a.m. to 9:04 p.m. I know, I know...stupid. But, there was a very good reason. I'm going to be out of my classroom for 3 days (including today) in order to: 1. Go to a big doctor appointment with the teenager. 2. Attend a 2-day "Dual-Language Summit," which I am being forced to attend, at the district office. So, planning for 3 days worth of sub time in MY classroom requires feats of strength (if you ever want to come and observe, you will find evidence of absolute INSANITY in the room. I have a kid who poops his pants in class, for goodness sakes! Another threw a rock on the playground yesterday and hit a car driving by!)

Anyway, today I got up early, dressed, downed some coffee, and drove up to the clinic for the appoinment, planning on meeting "the teen" there. THE CHECK-IN PERSON LOOKED AT ME LIKE I WAS AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT! She said, I"m sorry, but your daughter doesn't have an appoinment today." I said, "Yes, she does...here's the appointment reminder card to prove it." So, the gal does some searching and says, "Well, it appears she called in and changed the date and time."
arrrrgggghhhhh! TEENAGERS!

No comments: