3/21/2007

Sports, Sports, Sports

Today I'm heading over to Lebanon to watch my teenager (yes, the one mentioned earlier) run in both the 1500m and the 3000m. For those of you who don't get it, the 3000m is basically running 8 laps around a track...at full get-go. This gal has it! She starts and ends at the same pace, doesn't break a sweat, and can turn right around and chat with friends and reporters.

Then, this evening, we're going to see "Thing 1," Carnivorous Hippy's son and my daughter's boyfriend, get bashed about in a rugby match. I hope to see some of the blood and barfing CH has mentioned and described. I also have to wonder...do rugby players wear those striped rugby shirts and matching striped socks that I wore in the 8th grade...with gauchos, no doubt?

2 comments:

Vita said...

Ah, yes. I have seen your beautiful brilliant fast tireless amazing daughter practice her running, and announce to anyone in car "There she is!" like I've made a sighting.

Unknown said...

I too have made several sightings. It's really quite amazing the way you could be on one end of town and have a sighting... go to somewhere completely on the other side of town and there she is!!
We should have stamp books and start a club.