6/18/2007

Beautiful, Beautiful Day!

I can't WAIT to get out in the garden today! There is a slight breeze, the sun is bright, and windchimes are tinkling! I saw a skunk momma and 3 little ones following her along our side garden last night...and realized how lucky we are to live here! My poor friends have deer invading their gardens, so they have to constantly be on the look-out. Our home, however, is only about 1/2 a mile from the Willamette River and, somehow, no deer head this way! My garden is never under attack!



By the end of this week, my classroom will be empty and stored away and my thoughts will only be about myself, my family, and my friends...


By Thursday, there will be mojitos being served in the garden...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh bring on the British Summer! The weather has turned and is slightly cold and very wet here with another 5 weeks of term to go.
Oh how I dream of your beautiful, beautiful day!
Sara from farmingfriends

Vita said...

You have a SKUNK family? I don't care how cute they are, I don't like them. I have seen skunks at my house when I fed the cats outside, but none since I stopped, and the skunk I saw was not cute!