9/26/2007

Cheap Date...

Carnivorous Hippy stopped by and we sat on the deck, chatting away. We requested delicious martinis, compliments of my Handsome Husband. Man, did he deliver!
Bombay Sapphire Gin,
Dry Vermouth
2 large Spanish olives
Shaken, not stirred...
BIG artsy martini glasses.

Within about 1.5 hours, I was OUT! I hit the couch and struggled to get back up for the rest of the evening. By bedtime, every single muscle in my body ached and my head was spinning! I swore then and there that my BIG martini days were over! No more weeknight cocktails. Beer? Maybe, but, man! I've become such a lightweight...which makes me a cheap date! I think Hubby likes that part. No explanation necessary...

2 comments:

Barb said...

I get that way too since I hardly drink.

Unknown said...

LOL that would be me too. I can drink an occasional beer but anything harder would do me in.