10/12/2007

Ex-Husbands...

There are so many of us around here with ex-husbands. I've been divorced from mine since 1994...but still have to be involved almost daily, since we both love our kids so much. Most of the time, ehhh...no problems, just coasting along. We don't argue or disagree on much. But, there are those times...
These past few weeks have been tough. He's confrontational, makes plans without telling me about any scheduling changes he assumes, and rides the kids about getting to his house at weird times he specifies. I've had to deal with some of his bullshit, but I usually don't say a word. As a matter of fact, today's issues sort of bounced right off my head, as I reminded myself, "Thank God I don't have to live with him." I saw him at his house and we "had words" about the fact that I was spending my day off with the children, taking them to Eugene to do some mall-shopping. I ended up buying them everything they needed...he doesn't EVER do that, but that's a completely different story...
Just a few minutes ago, it dawned on me! I've been wondering what has changed his attitude so much, made him so demanding and weird.

IT'S THE NEW GIRLFRIEND! That's it! Now that I've figured it out, I'm able to completely let it go. He tends to become much calmer and happier after getting past the "new" phase and settling under the covers with her. Heh, heh, heh...we've been through this several times since our divorce.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Once me and my ex passed the bitter period, we discovered we made better friends than spouses (at least in regards to each other).

Unless I call to nag him about needing his pension's address.. cuz I'm entitled to half. :)