6/23/2008

Geocaching is Baaaddd...


So, here's one of my latest hides. Check it out! http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7a61c345-05cf-48fc-a318-3b1f23584b50
I had a long list of things to do today, including clearing off a table that has become a mountain near the entry to our home. But, dang it! I started messing around on geocaching.com and got all wrapped up in moving my newest cache, creating 2 new caches to place today, and uploading coordinates for some near-future adventures with Carnivorous Hippy.


I ended up loading up the 2 big dogs, Jim Dandy and Dood, and convincing Handsome Husband to meet me at Crystal Lake Park after work so we could go and find 2 caches I didn't find yesterday. The dogs LOVED the water and ran like wild pigs through the grassy fields. It was hot and it was fun. We logged 2 finds and headed back home.


As we were getting into our cars, I said, "Hey, how about it I head over to the grocery store and get some good salad veggies?" HH replied, "That'd be good. You haven't been to the store in awhile." ZING! That's when it hit me! I haven't gone shopping for food since Albin arrived from Sweden on June 6! That's a long-frickin'-time-ago! Of course, we've got a huge pantry, 2 fridges, and a big freezer, so we're always well-stocked with rations.


Geocaching is bad. I don't smoke. I don't drink often enough. I have accepted that my vice is heading out the door with a GPS, water bottle, pen, and notepad. The rest of life goes on hold.

No comments: