7/15/2008

Ahhhh....I See the Light! (picture me on a mountaintop with my arms spread wide before the rising sun!)

Yes, folks, raising teenagers DOES kind of suck. I thought it was me, but it's not. It's THEM. Seriously, folks. They are experts at: *being sneaky *breaking rules *being lazy *did I mention breaking rules? *Being absolutely marvelous at the right times.


The daughter, you know the one in Europe right now? Yeah, well, she's in for a rude awakening when she returns. I'm cutting the amount of money I was going to "give" her for college in half. Yeah, that's right, HALF! I have my own debts and needs to fulfill. She's 18. She knows everything. Now, she'll really "know."


And, the son, you know, the one who I used to think was absolutely amazing in every way but who chose to violate the law on his very first day with a driver's license? Yeah, that one. Well, he's managed to make it halfway through summer without getting a real job. He told me he'd been applying and I saw him filling out applications. But, duh! I didn't see him return the applications. No, they're sitting on his bedroom floor. Filled in. But not submitted. Oh, and when we left for a mini-anniversary, I asked him to house-sit, thinking I knew he needed the money and would do a good job. Ha! Instead, the night of our first day away, he proceeded to have a party in our house, including time spent around the fire pit. See, he's dumb. He left all of the chairs out in a big circle. And, these boys are soooooooo stupid that they put their empty bottles IN OUR RECYCLING BIN! Good grief! I thought he was so much smarter!I'll have to stop giving him so much credit!


So, now that I've moved into the lazy days of summer, myself, I've got some time to refocus my thoughts and energies. No more allowance for the kids. Nope. I need that $100/month for myself. No more offers of letting them take the cars when they need to go into town. They have bikes. Oops! How stupid of me! I forgot that my daughter is dumb enough to leave her bike at the high school without locking it up, so she could go run around with friends. $600 gone, just like that! Good grief! What an idiot she is. Now, back to refocusing...

Here's what I intend to do with the rest of my vacation:

1. geocache every day

2. ride my bike or walk on the treadmill at least 45 minutes each day.

3. do my own laundry.

4. lock my doors everytime I leave the house.

5. hide all of the spare car keys

6. love my husband up and down

7. take a trip to the beach with just my dogs and my GPS

8. call Carnivorous Hippy daily...DAILY, I tell you!

9. eat right

10. Get at least 7 hours of sleep each night.


There, that's it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll also do housework and clean out the garage. Oh, and I'll help take ALL of the furniture out of the house, since we're getting new ceilings and carpet. Oh, and I'll box up all of daughter's stuff so that her bedroom now will become my sitting and reading and crafting space. Yes, I know, there's too much to do, but, now that I don't have to spend time taking care of my kids so much, I'll be able to do it!

1 comment:

Dude said...

I'm with you...cut them off! It's your time now; time to start living.